- 1 ripe mango
- 1 sachet of gelatine
- 1/4 cup of caster sugar
- 180mls of hot water (to dissolve the gelatine)
|Ingredients for the creamy vanilla part|
- 1/2 cup of cream
- 1/4 cup of whole milk
- 1/4 cup of almond milk (optional)
- 2 star anise (optional)
- 1 tbsp of vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup of granulated sugar
- A single mint leaf
- Pomegranate seeds
- Mango slices
- Beautiful glassware (cup)
- Wash you mango. Cut a large slice out of the mango, and remove the skin.
A large mango
Using a spoon to remove the mango from the skin
The mango cubes removed from the skin about to be pureed
- Put the mango in a blender, some caster sugar, a little water and pulse till its smooth and pureed.
The mango puree
- Into a small bowl, put the gelatine powder, then add the hot water and stir immediately.
Dissolving the gelatine
- Once its dissolved, pour some of the gelatine into the mango puree and stir.
- Get your preferred glass ware and tilt it. Then pour the mango mixture into the tilted cup, and place it into the fridge for 2 hours.
The cup is tilted in a small plastic bowl to stabilise it
Pour the mango-gelatine puree into the tilted cup
Place the tilted puree cup into the fridge to solidify
- Now for the milk. Place the whole milk, granulated sugar and almond milk in a sauce pan on medium heat. Add the star anise and vanilla extract, and allow to come to a boil.
- Remove the milk from the pan, and transfer into the cup with the cream (it would cool down the milk), then stir very well to combine.
The milk and cream combined
- Add the gelatine mixture into the cream, stir well and allow it to cool down.
- Add the cooled cream into the mango puree cup and place in the fridge for another 2 hours, or until its gelatinised.
- Now you can bring it out of the fridge and garnish it to your taste. Enjoy!
- Do not pour the hot cream mixture onto the mango one in the cup.
- Ensure the mango puree has firmly gelatinised before you add the cream.
- Remove the star anise (if used) before adding the gelatine.
- If the gelatine starts to harden, just put it in the microwave for about 15-20 seconds, and it would liquify again.
- Do not put the mango panna cotta in the freezer.
- Always follow the instructions on the gelatine packet.