- 2 tbsp of butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp of natural yoghurt (greek yoghurt is also fine)
- 1/3 cup of brown sugar or stevia (sweetener)
- 1 long carrot (grated)
- 1 big apple or 2 small ones (grated)
- 1/3 cup of rolled oats
- 1/2 tsp of orange zest
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of nutmeg and cinnamon
- 1/2 cup of self-raising flour
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees celsius, and line the cupcake tray with the liners.
Cupcake liners in the muffin tray
- Cream together the butter and sugar, then add the eggs and yoghurt.
Yoghurt added to the egg mixture.
- Add the zest of an orange, nutmeg, cinnamon and salt.
Orange zest added to the egg mixture
- Grate in the apples and carrot into the mixture, then add the flour and rolled oats and mix well until everything is well incorporated.
Oats, flour, spices, carrot and apples
Everything mixed together
- Using an ice-cream scoop or spoon, transfer the mixture into the cupcake liners.
Using an ice-cream scoop to transfer into a cupcake liners
Mixture in the cupcake liners
- Place in the oven for about 15-20 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted into the centre of a cupcake comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for about 5 mins, then Enjoy!