Sunday 21 February 2016

Healthy Breakfast Muffins

Hi Guys!!

Today, I've decided to give myself a healthy treat for breakfast. 

I normally just make a glass of fruit smoothies with some protein powder (when I remember), and rush out to work. But I always end up hungry after about an hour or two. So Ive decided to make something that would also be relatively healthy for me, but also filling. It also has to be something I could easily carry out with me, and eat on the go. 

So, I decided to make these delicious breakfast muffins. They are made with fruits/veggies like apples and carrots and good fibres from the oats. They are also really moist 'cos I added some yoghurt and are packed with energy for a workaholic like me.




Also, this is  pretty much a one bowl recipe, which is what I love most about it.... (lazy lazy)... so no need for me to wash up so many utensils. Plus I used cupcake liners so I could also hand them out at work.

So here's how I made it:

Ingredients
  • 2 tbsp of butter
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 tbsp of natural yoghurt (greek yoghurt is also fine)
  • 1/3 cup of brown sugar or stevia (sweetener)
  • 1 long carrot (grated)
  • 1 big apple or 2 small ones (grated)
  • 1/3 cup of rolled oats
  • 1/2 tsp of orange zest
  • 1 tsp of salt
  • 1 tsp of nutmeg and cinnamon
  • 1/2 cup of self-raising flour
Instructions
  1. Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees celsius, and line the cupcake tray with the liners.
    Cupcake liners in the muffin tray
  2. Cream together the butter and sugar, then add the eggs and yoghurt.
    Yoghurt added to the egg mixture.
  3. Add the zest of an orange, nutmeg, cinnamon and salt.
    Orange zest added to the egg mixture
  4. Grate in the apples and carrot into the mixture, then add the flour and rolled oats and mix well until everything is well incorporated.
    Oats, flour, spices, carrot and apples

    Everything mixed together
  5. Using an ice-cream scoop or spoon, transfer the mixture into the cupcake liners.
    Using an ice-cream scoop to transfer into a cupcake liners

    Mixture in the cupcake liners
  6. Place in the oven for about 15-20 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted into the centre of a cupcake comes out clean.

  7. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for about 5 mins, then Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment