- 7-10 raw king prawns (de-vained and cleaned)
- Tempura batter (1 tbsp flour + 1 tbsp corn flour + 1 tsp baking powder + 3 tbsps of sparkling water or beer)
- 1/2 cup of Desiccated coconut
- 1/3 cup of flour (optional)
- A pinch of salt and pepper
- 2 cups of vegetable oil (any frying oil would do)
- Chopped cilantro/coriander for garnish (optional)
- 2.5 tbsps of Mayonnaise
- 4 drops of siracha (chilli sauce)
- A squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- Chopped cilantro/ coriander
- In a bowl, add the desiccated coconut and flour together, and mix well. Make the tempura batter and keep along side it.
Arranged prawn, 1 prawn in batter and coconut coating
- Season the prawns with salt and pepper.
- Dip the prawns individually into the tempura batter, and then into the coconut and flour and coat it well.
Batter coated prawns entering the coconut & flour coating
Coating the prawns with the coconut
Coconut coated prawns
- Heat up the frying oil, and then place the coated prawns into it, and allow to fry for about 2 minutes on each side or till its golden brown.
Prawns frying in the oil
- Make the dipping sauce by combing all the ingredients together, and set aside.
- Remove the prawns from the frying oil, and place on a kitchen towel to allow the oil drain.
Golden brown prawns on kitchen towel
- Serve the prawns on a platter with the dipping sauce and garnish with the chopped cilantro leaves